Do you struggle with dry, brittle, and damaged hair? Besides genetics, factors such as diet, weather, and hair products play an essential role in your hair’s health and appearance. Scroll further for some tips to help you achieve full, shiny, and healthy hair.
Tips for Healthy Hair
One of the components of hair is a protein called keratin. Many studies have indicated the importance of the keratin protein in our hair structure. These protective proteins help improve your hair’s natural thickness, giving your hair a full and glossy appearance. A well-balanced diet can supply the hair with all the protein and nutrients it needs. The foods below are excellent sources of proteins:
- Lean meat (chicken, turkey, pork, and lean ground beef)
- High protein dairy products
A deficiency of proteins results in dry, brittle, and weak hair strands. Extremely low protein diets may restrict hair growth and even cause hair loss. However, a very high-protein diet can have an adverse effect, too, turning your hair from strong to brittle. Therefore, a well-balanced diet makes hair strands strong and resistant to breakage.
Healthy Hair Products
Hair Care products help strengthen our hair follicles and boost hair growth. But, overuse of hair products or choosing the wrong type may lead to breakage and damage.
First, determine your hair type: oily, dry, or normal. Then choose the right products for your hair. To choose the best products, try to avoid products containing sulfates when possible. Sulfates remove too much moisture, leaving your hair dry and unhealthy. Lastly, remember that expensive products don’t always mean the right products for you. Do your research to see which ingredients are the best for your hair.
- Fish: salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines, anchovies
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
Vitamins and Minerals
Hair loss may be improved with vitamin and mineral supplementation. Vitamins and minerals play many key roles in the hair growth cycle and thus may help with hair loss. These key vitamins and minerals are:
- Vitamin A helps skin glands make sebum, an oily substance that moisturizes the scalp and maintains hair healthy.
- Biotin creates red blood cells, carrying oxygen and nutrients to the scalp and hair follicles.
- Vitamin C stimulates collagen – an important part of the hair structure. Also, vitamin C helps your body absorb iron which is essential for hair growth.
- Vitamin D helps regulate cell cycles, leading to the production of new hair follicles.
- Vitamin E helps prevent oxidative stress and stimulate hair growth.
- Iron – A deficiency decreases hemoglobin levels in the blood, causing the reduction of oxygen accessible to hair-growing cells.
- Zinc helps the oil glands around the follicles work correctly. A deficiency in zinc causes hair loss.
Hair Care Habits
Some hair care routines or habits could cause hair breakage or thin. Below are some healthy hair tips you might need to maintain smooth and shiny hair:
- Don’t wash your hair too often
- Concentrate shampoo on the scalp and conditioner on the tips of your hair
- Let your hair air dry whenever possible
- Choose a brush with natural bristles instead of synthetic ones
- Avoid heat whenever possible (dryers, rollers, and flat irons)
- Reduce breakage by changing up where you place pins and clips
- Protect your hair when swimming
- Get your hair trimmed regularly
Hair serum controls frizz, sets hairstyles, and protects your hair from environmental factors. Benefits of hair serum include:
- Smoothening the hair
- Controlling frizz
- Making hair shiny
- Detangling hair
- Fixing hair damage
- Maintaining curls and straightness
PTD Hair Serum
PTD Hair Serum is formulated with active ingredients such as PTD-DBM and Valproic Acid, which work by penetrating deeper into your hair.
- PTD-DBM is short for Protein transduction domain (PTD)-Dvl-binding motif (DBM). It helps activate the Wnt/b-catenin pathway and promote healthy hair growth.
- Valproic Acid is anticonvulsant that inhibits glycogen synthase kinase 3β and activates the Wnt/β-catenin pathway. This helps stimulate the hair growth cycle and anagen induction.
Dosage: If you are struggling with hair loss, one dropper applied evenly to affected areas of the scalp daily may help. You should let the serum stay in your palms for 5-6 seconds instead of immediately rubbing it on the hair.
Buy PTD Hair Serum Here: Peak Human
If you have questions about haircare or any hair problems discussed here, connect with us and learn more.
At Peak Human, our team of healthcare professionals is dedicated to helping you reach your ‘peak’ health with a custom whole-person approach. Using the most cutting-edge, science-backed biohacking and aesthetic tools, technologies, and treatments available today, we help you achieve the highest physical/cognitive performance state, leading to an improved overall quality of life.
For questions or to book an appointment, don’t hesitate to contact us. Get personalized support and insight from expert physicians.